Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Shack

In the latest installment of The Shack, Mack decided to go back to the shack. He called his friend Willie to borrow his Jeep to go off road. His wife, Nan, went to her sister's house with their kids for the weekend. Mack didn't tell anyone besides Willie that he was going back to the shack. On the way up Mack was very nervous and he didn't know what to expect. When he finally got there he hiked down to the shack. He walked into the shack and nothing had changed. He got very mad and yelled at god and then started walking away. He felt a breeze, looked back and it had changed. It was then spring and the shack was all fixed up. When he went up to the door a big colored woman opened the door. There were two other people in the shack also. It turned out that the big woman was god, the man was Jesus, and the other women was the holy spirit. This surprised me, I thought that this book was going to be a mystery about the murder but it completely turned around. It is all about who/what god and Jesus are. I have stopped reading this book, partly because it was due back at the library but also because it to much about religion and beliefs. I'm not looking for a book to make me think to hard, I just want a good storyline, but if you like this sort of thing I would check this book out.

No comments: